The cottages are nestled among their own private gardens.
The property is on a quiet service road, yet is only 800m from the centre of historic Sorrento with all the restaurants, cafes, shops and some of Victoria’s best beaches on your doorstop.
Named by the original owner’s grandson, Wattlebird cottage was named for the long billed yellow breasted birds that sip the nectar of the flowers in the lush gardens. You will still see them darting through the trees and sometimes spot them upside down in precarious positions trying to get that nectar!
Named by the original owner’s grandson, Magbird cottage refers to the cheeky black and white Magpies that love to sit and warble their song on the verandah. Being rather young he called them Magbirds instead of Magpies and the name stuck! You will still see them today brashly strutting around the gardens, usually in pairs and loudly singing for all to hear).
Each cottage includes:
- 2 bedrooms: one with a Queen size bed and the other with 2 King size single beds
- Fully self-contained kitchen with dishwasher, fridge/freezer, convection microwave and gas hotplate to give you the option of cooking at home as an alternative to the many local restaurants and cafes on offer
- TV, DVD player, CD player and numerous books on hand for relaxation.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning, ceiling fans and cool cotton blankets ensure a comfortable night’s rest in Summer
- Coonara wood fire and electric blankets to ensure a snug Winter break
- New quilts and pillows supplied by MicroCloud, suppliers to hotels and guesthouses around Australia. They are hypo allergenic, odourless and machine washable so that we can ensure optimum hygiene for you. They are very light and will keep you snug and warm in Winter, but are cool and breathable in Summer. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- Private verandah with gas barbeque to enjoy sitting out with a glass of local wine to watch the birds in the tranquil garden
- Pet friendly with a fully enclosed pet run